Font Size

Military & Overseas Resident

*Members of a uniformed service on active duty or their dependent

*Members of the Merchant Marine or their dependent

*Civilian voter living overseas (outside the United States)

You do not have a registration deadline.

One application allows the protected voter to receive a ballot for all elections whether federal, state, or local for the entire year without having to submit a new application. Many military and overseas voters register to vote using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). The FPCA serves as both a voter registration form and an absentee ballot application. Use this form to complete the process FPCA.  For further instruction click here. The MOVE Act allows you to request your ballot be sent via email or fax. Ballots sent via email or fax must be returned by the protected voter via postal mail. 

The law requires us to send an absentee ballot at least 45 days prior to an election if your request has been received.

The Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) a write-in backup ballot that can be completed for any Federal election. The backup FWAB can be easily completed by using the FWAB online assistant, filling out the PDF or picking up a hardcopy version from your unit voting assistance officer. The assistant will guide you through the questions on the form and produce a printable form for you and will also provide a postage-paid envelope so you don't have to worry about finding stamps!