Agendas are listed below. A Planning Commission study session followed by the meeting will be held June 1, 2021, 6:00 p.m. electronically.
Here is a link with what Planning Commission has been discussing with the Master Plan.
Master Plan Videos/PC Zoom Meetings
PLEASE NOTE: THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD ELECTRONICALLY AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS ACT, MCL 15.263, ET SEQ., AS AMENDED. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC BODY AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC MAY PARTICIPATE ELECTRONICALLY, AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
Reason for allowing participation by electronic means:
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, protect the public health, and provide essential protections to vulnerable citizens, in-person contact should be limited. Critical mitigation measures include social distancing and limiting the number of people interacting at public gatherings. This includes public meetings.
The City will be utilizing the video/audio conferencing platform Zoom. Members of the public body will be able to hear and speak to each other for the entire meeting. Except for any closed session portions of the meeting, members of the public will be able to hear (and possibly see) members of the public body during the entire meeting but will only be able to speak during a public comment period.
In order to connect to the meeting through Zoom, a member of the public needs to do the following:
- Install Zoom App on mobile device or phone. Download Zoom Client and install on a PC or MAC
- Click the link provided to join the meeting
Members of the public participating in the public comment via Zoom will wait in a virtual queue until called during the public comment period. Because of limitations on un-muting and re-muting members of the public, there will be only one public comment period, which will be at the end of the meeting.
When public comment is permitted, members of the public will be called one at a time, as would happen during an in-person meeting. A meeting coordinator will determine the order of public speakers. If you want to speak, you must use the "Raise Hand" feature in order for our moderator to know they need to be unmuted. Alternatively, you may use the *9 feature if participating by phone. When you are unmuted, and you will have three (3) minutes to share your comments to the public body. At the conclusion of your comments or your three (3) minutes, you will be re-muted and then removed from the queue.
Participants may also choose to submit comments that can be read into the record. Comments can be submitted via an electronic form to: City Manager, John Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments shall be submitted before 6:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
The webinar will also available the next day on the City’s website on video on demand.
The City of Sylvan Lake government e-mail addresses of the members of the Planning Commission utilizing this means of meeting are available on the City’s website at: www.sylvanlake.org
The City will be following its normal procedures for accommodation of persons with disabilities. Those individuals needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-682-1440.
Click here for the current Master Plan.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by DATE in Descending Order within category
- 1 PC Agenda 6-01-21.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 5-04-21.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 4-06-21.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 3-02-21.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 2-02-21.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 12-01-20.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 10-06-20.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 9-01-20.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 8-06-20.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 6-02-20.pdf
- PC Reg Agenda 5-26-20.pdf
- Planning Commission Agenda PH & Reg 2-4-20.pdf
- PC Agenda December 3, 2019 Reg Mtg.pdf
- PC PH & Reg Meet Agenda 10-1-19.pdf
- PC Agenda September 12, 2019 Reg Mtg.pdf
- PC Agenda August 6, 2019 Study session PH and Reg Mtg.pdf
- PC Agenda March 5, 2019 Reg Mtg.pdf
- PC Agenda February 5, 2019 Study session PH and Mtg.pdf
- PC Agenda January 8, 2019 Reg Mtg.pdf
- PC Agenda December 4 2018.pdf
- PC Agenda October 2 2018 Reg Mtg.pdf
- Agenda June 5, 2018 PH & Reg Mtg.pdf
- PC Agenda April 3 2018 Reg Mtg.pdf
- PC Agenda March 6 2018 Reg Mtg.pdf
- PC Agenda Feb 6 2018 Reg Mtg.pdf
- Agenda Jan 16, 2018 PH & Reg Mtg.pdf
- Agenda Dec 6, 2017 Reg Mtg.pdf
- Agenda Nov 7, 2017 Reg Mtg.pdf
- Agenda September 5, 2017 Reg Mtg.pdf
- Agenda June 6, 2017 Reg Mtg.pdf
- Agenda April 4, 2017 Reg Mtg.pdf
- Agenda March 14, 2017 Reg Mtg.pdf