All dogs over the age of four months require a license in Oakland County. In order to purchase a license, a valid rabies certificate must be presented. Dogs are required to wear the license at all times.
Licenses can be purchased through the mail, in person at City Hall or on-line. June 1st is the deadline before a penalty applies.
To purchase a license through the mail send a self-addressed, stamped envelope and rabies certificate to: Oakland County Animal Control 1700 Brown Road Auburn Hills, MI 48326
NOTE: In order to purchase a 3-year license, your pet must have a 3-year rabies vaccine with an expiration date of at least two years from the current year (ex: a 3-year license purchased in 2014 must have an expiration date of 2017 or later).
Oakland County Animal Control provides the following services:
- Animal bite investigations
- Dogs and livestock running at large
- Cruelty complaints against animals
- Impound cats -Confined Only
- Patrol and enforcement of service area for stray animals and livestock
- Investigation of livestock kills
- Licensing of dogs
- Wildlife -ONLY when involved in a human bite. For wildlife removal contact a private trapper.
- Conduction annual dog census
- Kennel inspection and licensing
Click here for their Pet Adoption Center Information
Cats are also required to be licensed. This is through the City Hall. A rabies certificate must be presented. The cost is $3.50.